samedi 14 juin 2008

A New End and an Old Beginning

Well, today was one of the roughest days yet. I guess, I let the end creep up on me, as always. I spent these last few days trying to forget that I needed to pack up and clean my apartment. My amazing apartment, now relatively empty is no longer mine. I get to sleep here one more night, but who can sleep on a night like tonight. I am leaving in the morning on a high speed train to Nice. While I am really excited to travel, I can’t help but be scared. I am traveling alone for the first time ever, let alone in a country where I don’t speak the language. I am also sad to say goodbye to a city that won my heart over. And to top it all off, I am really looking forward to going home. Talk about life not being black and white.
So, for the third or maybe fourth time, who's keeping track anymore, I am picking up and leaving on an adventure. Terrified and excited; nervous and energized. This time I am off to Italy, via Nice, for about a month. I will start in Genoa and, well see where that takes me. I have an itinerary, but I am not going to bore you with the details that will most likely change. I just hope that I will be motivated enough to write frequent blogs. I am not going to bring my computer, but the internet is everywhere.
As for Paris, the springtime was amazing and since the weather has gotten nicer, the afternoon strolls have been fantastic. Finals came and went, much more smoothly this time around, but still stressful. Rebecca and John came for a visit and I met them in London. It was amazing. We did all the great London stuff, but the most awesome part was a play at the Globe Theatre. Thanks to John’s family for all of their hospitality. Since their departure, not much has been going on around here, except the sad goodbyes and planning of summer plans.
I guess, as I said before, that I am just really excited at the prospect of being home. I will enjoy my Italian get away, but even though it may be unexpected, I just can’t wait to get home. The other day I was reading this same kind of blog by a friend and he said that for him, time did not go by as quickly as everyone had predicted, but for me, these last few months have felt more like weeks. Is it bad to hope that the rest of my travels will be such a whirlwind?
So, as I get back to preparing to leave, I can’t help but feel that there is something that I am forgetting to say, must be the fatigue. Well, I hope everyone is doing well and I will see some of you very soon!

Aucun commentaire: