jeudi 31 juillet 2008

The End: Days 29 - 32

Day 29 –
This was one of the strangest days of my year abroad. I got back into Paris on a Sunday, which is always a dead day. It was pretty crazy. I got off the train at 7 and kind of wandered around looking for an internet café. I think I was expecting lodging to be easier to find in Paris, but I ended up going to a hostel. It was in a part of Paris that I had never spent too much time in, Porte Bagnolet, so it was kind of cool to do some more exploring. I ended up hanging out with some people at the hostel, which was fun. I was in a bit of shock because I had thought going back to Paris would be more like going home, but I didn’t really process the fact that I didn’t have a home there anymore. The cool thing, though, was that the next day was Bastille Day!
Day 30 –
I missed the parade, mostly because I was pretty out of the Bastille Day festivities loop, but I went to the carnival-y thing at the Tuilleries with a friend from my program. It was pretty cool. We went through a “Crazy House,” and it was hilarious and more fun than it sounds. I got some new luggage for the return and just hung out all after noon. We planned to meet up again for fireworks that night at Sacre Coeur. It wasn’t exactly spectacular and there were a million people. I am not sure what I would have done differently, though.
Day 31 –
So I picked up my stuff and lugged it around Paris in the morning and really started to end my Parisian life… I closed my bank account and terminated all of my monthly payments.
For my last night in Paris, I wanted to stay by the airport (for easy access the next day). I had met a girl in La Spezia at the train station who offered to let me stay with her at the airport, since she was getting a really good deal on a double room. I took her up on it for the last night. I really enjoyed my time with her and the fact that we stayed at the Sheraton in the airport, only added to the awesomeness! I think we were both a little skeptical of the situation, but I am happy that I went for it!
Day 32 –
The Departure! I was already at the airport, so I just went to the terminal and though it wasn’t my best flying experience, I made it home by that night (well at 11:30 California time).
I wanted to write a bit about Re-Entry, but I don’t really have much to say. I was ready to come back to the states and have “transitioned” relatively well. I have a part time baby-sitting job for the next few weeks (which I really enjoy) and then I will be going back to school! So I think that this will be the end off my blog. I am going to try and get a slideshow put together of my pictures, so if that happens I will post it here!
I hope you enjoyed these as much I as I enjoyed my time abroad!

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

Welcome Home!
Love,
Dad
Just a little late!